cooking Encyclopedia - mexican food recipe
Crispy Spicy Tortilla Chips
Ingredients List :
* With a pointed knife, slit 3 rounds of flat middle eastern bread around the edges and gently pull apart so you have 6 very thin rounds.
* Crush 2 cloves garlic with 1-tsp salt on a wooden board, pressing firmly with the flat of a knife until you have a smooth puree.
* Pour 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil into a shallow bowl and whisk in the garlic, 1 tsp salt, and 1tsp paprika. Brush the flavored oil lightly over the inner surfaces of all the bread.
* Cut each circle into 8 or more wedges and place on flat baking trays. Sprinkle with 2tsp each of cumin seeds and sesame seeds.
* Bake in a preheated oven to 160C (325F) until they are crisp and dry. Cool on a wire rack and store airtight until they are served.
Hint: Make up a large quantity, and store as mentioned in a dry place, but not in the fridge.